Well I found a recipe HERE and here it is:
4 cups grated zukes
1 cup fat
2 cups sugar
4 cups flour
3 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt (I don't add if my butter has salt)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup chopped walnuts is optional
I wish I'd added raisons.....
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grate the zucchini, and measure out four cups ( I used yellow zukes and 4+ cups -ACK so much zuchini so little time!). Add to large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, fat, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, vanilla and sugar. Stir together well.
- Add flour to the mixture, a bit at a time. Stir until all ingredients are mixed. The mixture should resemble thick pancake batter. Add nuts, if desired.
- Lightly grease and flour your bread pans, or spray them with nonstick cooking spray. ( I used a mini loaf tin and a corning ware smaller sized casserole pan)
- Carefully spoon the mixture into bread pans, stopping when the mixture is about 3/4 of the way to the top. (ME careful??)
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until a golden brown. Take out loaves, and let them cool five minutes before removing the bread from the pans to finish cooling on a wire rack. (They got eaten before they were cool and got two thumbs up from the family!)
Couldn't resist adding an updated photo of my boys- Sawyer is 6!!!!