Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Zuchini Bread - Recipe 2




Well I found a recipe HERE and here it is:


Ingredients:
4 cups grated zukes
5 eggs
1 cup fat
2 cups sugar
4 cups flour
3 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt (I don't add if my butter has salt)
1 tsp baking soda

1/4 cup chopped walnuts is optional

I wish I'd added raisons.....

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°F.

  1. Grate the zucchini, and measure out four cups ( I used yellow zukes and 4+ cups -ACK so much zuchini so little time!). Add to large mixing bowl.

  2. Add eggs, fat, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, vanilla and sugar. Stir together well.

  3. Add flour to the mixture, a bit at a time. Stir until all ingredients are mixed. The mixture should resemble thick pancake batter. Add nuts, if desired.

  4. Lightly grease and flour your bread pans, or spray them with nonstick cooking spray. ( I used a mini loaf tin and a corning ware smaller sized casserole pan)

  5. Carefully spoon the mixture into bread pans, stopping when the mixture is about 3/4 of the way to the top. (ME careful??)

  6. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a golden brown. Take out loaves, and let them cool five minutes before removing the bread from the pans to finish cooling on a wire rack. (They got eaten before they were cool and got two thumbs up from the family!)

Couldn't resist adding an updated photo of my boys- Sawyer is 6!!!!

No comments: