Friday, July 30, 2010

Vampires Be Gone!

Last fall we had some wonderful french woofs who helped us build raised beds in our garden and plant garlic....
Lots and lots of garlic.....We've planted garlic before but always in the spring and not much...
And we always ran out before the summer ends.....

Not this year! And in a true Circle of life sort of moment the french woofs came back to visit before heading back to france.....JUST in time to harvest the garlic they helped plant!

We took the drip off more than a week ago, but found the soil surprisingly wet.

We decided to leave it on the cart for the night to dry before brushing the dirt off...!!!!!


This is about 1/4 of the garlic....er.....methinks I've morphed into my mother....we have enough garlic for the entire Comox Valley!

Is your mouth watering???? Mine is and I've had a big dinner!
Today we brushed off the dirt from yesterday's harvest, braided them and hung them in the carport.....and then harvested two more carts full!!!! (And there's still more!)
Truly a thing of beauty....

1 comment:

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

WOW! what a harvest..I love it and I'm going to see if I can plant some ..not as much, I don't have the land, but we love garlic in every thing that I mostly make. Ginny