Saturday, June 5, 2010

Gifted....

So I'm sitting with friends and one particularly obnoxious friend of mine, whom I like a lot, but he is OBNOXIOUS! started ranting about the school board and what idiots they are.....I said, of course, "well take your kids out of school and then you don't have to worry about the school board" and then I got from him, "They're cutting the gifted program, my daughter needs to be challenged, and they're paying for grade 7 band and cutting gifted. My daughter needs the extra challenge blah blah blah!" (His daughter is 7) I said the same thing again. He went on. Finally I said, "Well of course if my kids were in school they'd be in the gifted program and I guess I'd be pissed off too...."
And then I told him,
Today my kids jumped on the trampoline for about 2 hours,
got gloves on and collected slugs to feed to the ducks - walking up and down strawberry rows for hours,
then they built a dam in the ditch,
found a caterpillar and more than a few ladybugs,
put said caterpillar on a leaf and floated him into the culvert and waited for the poor thing to come out the other side,
floated leaves through the culvert for quite some time (think pooh sticks)
used a pulley to pull themselves and each other up into a tall tree (Ack!),
harvested mosquito larvae and fed the tadpoles...
And that is JUST what I noticed.....
Pretty gifted kids eh?

No comments: