Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rant about the public.....

Can I rant with a customer never seeing this, hope so.
Are people really stupid. I think so.
People really don't think before they speak, really.
Do you have just one basket of strawberries, I drove all this way? Looking at fridge full of berries, all sold to customers waiting on order list for 10 days.....(Did you call first? What a waste of fossil fuels)
You're closed, but I just need a few??? Yup and I need a few hours (days?) with my kids after being on the fields for 9 hours.......Why weren't you here at 8 am like everyone else???
Last time I was here I ate so many strawberries I threw up on the way home, it wasn't pretty.... Yup, there's another 2 or 3 pounds not paid for, thanks a lot, that's stealing, you wouldn't eat like that at Superstore would you???
There's no ripe berries! Would you please get down on your knees and actually lift a leaf and look for them, they're hiding. The last people here got 2 ice cream buckets in 15 feet of a row....
There's not enough ripe berries! I don't have a direct line to Mother Nature, they don't ripen all at once.....this hasn't been picked for 3 days and we won't pick again for 3 days.....Seriously people think every berry should ripen at once and they shouldn't have to look for the ripe ones.....and if they pick an underripe....well throw it out of the bucket so they don't have to pay for it.....
There's no ripe berries! Stop reaching into the next row, then I have to listen to everyone tell me that!!!!
It costs *&%????? Yes, I bet you pay $4 for an ice cream cone at the lake, $5 something for a Blizzard at DQ and spend $20 plus for a meal for the family at Micky Ds......people who really care where their food comes from don't blink an eye.......
There's a mark on this berry. Yes we're organic, that means that no toxic insecticides have been sprayed on your berries, the occassional bug scar shouldn't matter......I picked up so many "reject" berries from customers and put them in my own freezer this year - MAN!!! Do you KNOW what is on your food????
There's some moldy berries. Ok, it's been a bad year for us with the weather. And factors beyond our control. That mother nature thing again. Organic farming - no sprays can bite you in the butt.....I get it, it's yucky. It sucks for us too losing 20% of our crop.
Did you know that potatoes are sprayed after harvest directly so they don't sprout in the store?
There's bugs on my raspberries......Did you know that commercial raspberries have insecticides sprayed on them 2-3 days before harvest as purchasers have a zero bug tolerance??? Yep, toxic. On your berries. Eat the damm bugs. Less harmful, more nutritious than chemical bug killer poison.......
I need to pick 50 pounds of berries today - what do you mean it's slow picking? We've been open for a month, it's over.......have at her......
Last year I was put on a row with no berries, this year I want berries. The lady in the shop said I'd get berries. As the lady jumped in to pick in a closed area and then yelled at me.......she treated me like a servant or slave, I wanted to punch her lights out......back to the LIFT THE DAMM LEAVES LADY thing.....
What do you mean your raspberry patch is closed. I drove here from *#&#$^$ THERE ARE NO RIPE BERRIES BONEHEAD......I CAN'T MANUFACTURE THEM, THAT MOTHER NATURE THING AGAIN......

phew, that was fun......

I'm sure I'll come up with more.





2 comments:

Three Mommies said...

I'm so sorry you had one of those! I own my business and work with the public, At least your internal censor didn't shut down and you didn't say all those things your mind really wants you to say when they act like complete idiots.

Frogcreek said...

O dear, yes, i can see how that could be annoying. snark!