Thursday, November 20, 2008

Am I Robbing My Children?

I know I'm not, but it's a constant internal battle. My kids aren't learning in a structured environment. They aren't learning things in a straight line.....but we did blow up balloons with vinegar and baking soda tonight, and then blew out the CO2 in the balloons on their beans that are growing in front of the fire, growing from seeds that came from our garden this summer, that I didn't believe would grow, and they did.....look long and scraggly, but they ARE growing....what was my point??? Ah yes, am I robbing them. Today we did some Christmas crafts read a little, watched a lot of TV (August is sick, again) and played with Hotwheels.....I'm having a hard time trying to put words to how I'm feeling. I guess I'm doubting the path we're taking. Would my kids be better off at school? Would they be happier? Would they learn more? Do they need to learn more? I find it hard to find time to do anything with them in between cleaning, cooking, caring for 3 boys and hubby, groceries, don't ask me about the mountain of laundry that needs folding, garden work.....HOW DOES ANYONE GET ANYTHING DONE???? My days are not long enough......Wow what an eclectic confused post, I guess the churning in me is now in front of me.....

No comments: