Saturday, March 27, 2010

What my kids get up to....

What do my kids get up to in a typical couple of days......

Well August wanted to make paper from grass. He got the idea out on the field where he saw some grass from last year in lying down in sheets that look like paper. We talked about the Egyptians and papyrus and the next thing I know he wants to make paper....he brought some in and ripped it up and left it in water. So of course I get online and look up how to make paper.

I'll do a post on this when and if it works out.....

Needless to say, we got grass, we made caustic soda....we have some grass and caustic soda sitting in a pot on the stove waiting for a wood screen with wire netting......



Hotwheels anyone?
No!? How about Meccano??
Build a fire?? (and make a complete mess in the yard)
Dig up maple seedlings....to sell!

A chalk city with properties, crosswalks and roads.
Jungle gym, fort building, swinging.....

Ropes between trees anyone?
Trampoline games. They've invented many, this one involves chalk,
properties and scorekeeping....
Buttons. Who knew the $3.99 bag of buttons at Walmart could bring so many hours of entertainment. Games, trading, make believe (buttons are alive you know) sorting, crafts....you name it!
And these are the things I could take photos of this evening
(yes my house is a mess!). I'm just scratching the surface. Posted by Picasa

No comments: